Mmmmm, fresh shrimpiesss! Sooo good and ya know what? You can cook them in a about a million different ways! Whenever someone asks us what our favorites seafood meals are….something is always to be said with shrimp! These fresh shrimp ceviche tostadas, shrimp quesadillas, shrimp tacos, steamed shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp n’ grits, a shrimp boil, shrimp po’boy, shrimp pasta, coconut shrimp and MORE! The list goes on and we just LOVE it…can’t get enough of it (I want some more of it….okay I’ll stop ) The best part about it is we get to catch um ourselves right in the backyard spoiled…we know!
These fresh shrimp ceviche tostadas were DELICIOUS! It was a lot of fun to be in the kitchen, peeling shrimp, drinking a corona, listening to some music and prepping our veggies. We always love trying new recipes and finding new ways to prepare our fresh seafood. It’s crazy how long we will go without ever buying meat from the grocery store. We like to harvest our own meat by fishing and hunting and it pays off! It makes ya feel better about it all too 🙂 So fresh and so clean, clean! 🙂
If y’all make these shrimpy tostadas, let us know! You can share this recipe on Facebook, instagram and more! 🙂 Cheers!
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp
- 3-4 lemons
- 3-4 limes
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers (seeds removed)
- 1/2-1 red onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 jalopenos/chiles of your choice
- 1 TBSP of Soy Sauce
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Avocado (for mashing onto your tostada before ceviche)
- Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
Method for Making 🙂
- Chop shrimp into 2-3 pieces. Place in a bowl and pour in the lime and lemon juices and soy sauce. Toss shrimp and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir occasionally. The acid from the limes and lemons will “cook” the shrimp.
- After 2 hours, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss it all together and you can either serve it then or let it sit again for another 30 minutes and it’ll be all marinated together and SO flavorful!
- To serve our “Fresh Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas” you’ll want to mash some avocado onto your tostada shell, then add some sriracha or favorite hot sauce and then as much ceviche mixture that you can fit 🙂
- Then, ENJOY 🙂